Junior Dillon Robinson and senior Bret Lopez of BYU’s baseball team received academic honors Friday from the West Coast Conference.
Robinson, from Pleasant Grove, was named to the Baseball All-Academic Team. Lopez, from Orem, was named honorable mention in the same category.
“Dillon and Bret did an incredible job on the field and in the classroom this year,” coach Mike Littlewood said. “They both fit the definition of student-athlete perfectly and were a great example to all of their teammates on how to be excellent on and off the field.”
Robinson had a 3.54 cumulative grade point average in finance and was the only baseball player from the WCC to be named to the Capitol One Academic All-District VIII team. On the field, he started at third base, ranked consistently among the nation’s top 50 batting averages throughout season and was BYU’s leading hitter at .369.
Lopez had a 3.32 cumulative GPA in exercise science and was BYU’s designated hitter throughout the season. The team co-captain batted .325 and was co-chair of the Cougar Council representing all BYU student-athletes.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33