Double dose of Utah Jazz workouts includes 3 former Utah college players
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Three former Utah college basketball players and the older brother of the "Greek Freak," Milwaukee's popular rookie, highlight a list of 12 players who will work out for the Jazz on Friday.
Utah will have two sessions at Zions Bank Basketball Center as the organization continues to evaluate players who will be draft prospects or potential players down the road.
Weber State guard Davion Berry, who helped the Wildcats make the NCAA tournament, Utah State center Jarred Shaw and ex-University of Utah athlete Shawn Glover will be the first former Beehive State players to try out for the Jazz this spring. Glover played for the Utes from 2009-11 before transferring to Oral Roberts.
Players to participate include:
Group A: Shaw, Michigan State guard Keith Appling, Arizona State guard Jahii Carson, Northwestern swingman Drew Crawford, Nevada guard Jerry Evans Jr. and Pittsburgh forward Talib Zanna.
Group B: Berry, Glover, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Giannis's older brother who played in the D-League last season, North Carolina forward James Michael McAdoo, Stanford forward Dwight Powell and Alabama guard Trevor Releford.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 89
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 39
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 25