Mendenhall tells Texas newspaper, 'We would love to be in the Big 12'
Tony Gutierrez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU head football coach Bronco Mendenhall made his case for the Cougars' inclusion in the Big 12 Conference on Thursday.
He told the Austin American-Statesman that it "would make a lot of sense for BYU" to be added to the Power 5 league.
"Our attendance is high enough. And our winning percentage is high enough," Mendenhall said. "We have the entire Salt Lake City and Utah market as well as a worldwide following because of the church. There’d be a ton to offer the Big 12 because it’s a money-generated world right now. You’re talking about an amazing kind of brand."
In addition to talking to Mendenhall, the American-Statesmen talked to two Big 12 sources that despite the Cougars' strong case for inclusion, they said BYU's chances are slim.
Read the entire story here.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7