Mendenhall tells Texas newspaper, 'We would love to be in the Big 12'
Tony Gutierrez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU head football coach Bronco Mendenhall made his case for the Cougars' inclusion in the Big 12 Conference on Thursday.
He told the Austin American-Statesman that it "would make a lot of sense for BYU" to be added to the Power 5 league.
"Our attendance is high enough. And our winning percentage is high enough," Mendenhall said. "We have the entire Salt Lake City and Utah market as well as a worldwide following because of the church. There’d be a ton to offer the Big 12 because it’s a money-generated world right now. You’re talking about an amazing kind of brand."
In addition to talking to Mendenhall, the American-Statesmen talked to two Big 12 sources that despite the Cougars' strong case for inclusion, they said BYU's chances are slim.
Read the entire story here.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26