Mendenhall tells Texas newspaper, 'We would love to be in the Big 12'
Tony Gutierrez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU head football coach Bronco Mendenhall made his case for the Cougars' inclusion in the Big 12 Conference on Thursday.
He told the Austin American-Statesman that it "would make a lot of sense for BYU" to be added to the Power 5 league.
"Our attendance is high enough. And our winning percentage is high enough," Mendenhall said. "We have the entire Salt Lake City and Utah market as well as a worldwide following because of the church. There’d be a ton to offer the Big 12 because it’s a money-generated world right now. You’re talking about an amazing kind of brand."
In addition to talking to Mendenhall, the American-Statesmen talked to two Big 12 sources that despite the Cougars' strong case for inclusion, they said BYU's chances are slim.
Read the entire story here.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44