Mendenhall tells Texas newspaper, 'We would love to be in the Big 12'
Tony Gutierrez, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU head football coach Bronco Mendenhall made his case for the Cougars' inclusion in the Big 12 Conference on Thursday.
He told the Austin American-Statesman that it "would make a lot of sense for BYU" to be added to the Power 5 league.
"Our attendance is high enough. And our winning percentage is high enough," Mendenhall said. "We have the entire Salt Lake City and Utah market as well as a worldwide following because of the church. There’d be a ton to offer the Big 12 because it’s a money-generated world right now. You’re talking about an amazing kind of brand."
In addition to talking to Mendenhall, the American-Statesmen talked to two Big 12 sources that despite the Cougars' strong case for inclusion, they said BYU's chances are slim.
Read the entire story here.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34