A new temple president and his wife have been called by the First Presidency. They will begin service later this year.
Russell Stewart Gilliland, 65, Independence Ward, Phoenix Arizona West Maricopa Stake, called as president of the new Phoenix Arizona Temple. President Gilliland’s wife, Karen Jones Gilliland, will serve as temple matron. President Gilliland serves as a temple sealer in the Mesa Arizona Temple. He has served as second counselor of the Mesa Arizona Temple presidency, visitors’ center director, mission president, stake president, bishop and high councilor. President/owner of an electric company, he was born in Morenci, Arizona, to Howard and Ruth Henkel Gilliland.
Sister Gilliland serves as a temple ordinance worker in the Mesa Arizona Temple. She has served as assistant to the matron of the Mesa Arizona Temple, visitors’ center director’s wife, mission president’s wife and ward Relief Society, Young Women and Primary president. She was born in American Fork, Utah, to Karl and Ramona Hunsaker Jones.
- President Boyd K. Packer passes away at age 90
- 2015 Seminar for New Mission Presidents: The...
- New stake presidents
- Tabernacle Choir returns to Carnegie Hall for...
- President Monson: Love for missionary work
- Missing returned missionary remembered fondly
- Elder Russell M. Nelson: 'Epistles of the Lord'
- North Dakota Young Mother of the Year: 'Sweet...