Disney makes plans for 'Cinderella,' 'Beauty and the Beast,' and 'Jungle Book' live-action films
Disney fans will not be disappointed to learn that "Maleficent" isn't the only live-action film on the docket.
This year, Disney is working on live-action adaptations of "Cinderella," "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Jungle Book."
Kenneth Branagh is directing "Cinderella," with Lily James from "Downton Abbey" as the protagonist, according to Screen Rant.
The film is scheduled to be released in March 2015, and meanwhile, Disney released a teaser trailer to tide the fans over.
Bill Condon, known for directing "Dreamgirls" and the last two movies in the "Twilight" saga, has agreed to direct "Beauty and the Beast," according to Variety.
Evan Spiliotopoulos is writing the script and Mandeville Films is producing.
Casting decisions have not been made for "Beauty and the Beast," but Idris Elba has agreed to assume the role of Shere Kahn in "The Jungle Book," according to The Independent.
Jon Favreau, director of "Elf" and "Iron Man," will direct "The Jungle Book," but he's not the only artist working on a version of the classic tale. Warner Bros. is also producing its own live-action adaptation, according to Total Film. Both films are set to be released next year.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 20
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform... 5
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for... 5