Disney makes plans for 'Cinderella,' 'Beauty and the Beast,' and 'Jungle Book' live-action films
Disney fans will not be disappointed to learn that "Maleficent" isn't the only live-action film on the docket.
This year, Disney is working on live-action adaptations of "Cinderella," "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Jungle Book."
Kenneth Branagh is directing "Cinderella," with Lily James from "Downton Abbey" as the protagonist, according to Screen Rant.
The film is scheduled to be released in March 2015, and meanwhile, Disney released a teaser trailer to tide the fans over.
Bill Condon, known for directing "Dreamgirls" and the last two movies in the "Twilight" saga, has agreed to direct "Beauty and the Beast," according to Variety.
Evan Spiliotopoulos is writing the script and Mandeville Films is producing.
Casting decisions have not been made for "Beauty and the Beast," but Idris Elba has agreed to assume the role of Shere Kahn in "The Jungle Book," according to The Independent.
Jon Favreau, director of "Elf" and "Iron Man," will direct "The Jungle Book," but he's not the only artist working on a version of the classic tale. Warner Bros. is also producing its own live-action adaptation, according to Total Film. Both films are set to be released next year.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new respect...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- The Clean Cut: Stuart Edge, Vocal Point,...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Why you shouldn't always punish your children...
- New 'Annie' feels more functional than...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 15
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 3
- 'Dragon Age' tops AP critics' best... 2
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Why you shouldn't always punish your... 2