BYU football schedules home-and-home series with UCLA in 2015-16
Alex Gallardo, Associated Press
PROVO — Officials with BYU football announced Thursday a home-and-home series with UCLA. The Cougars will travel to the Rose Bowl on Sept. 19, 2015, and the Bruins will come to LaVell Edwards Stadium on Sept. 17, 2016.
“I’m excited for this series with UCLA. It’s a great matchup versus an opponent rich in football tradition, and a team that will be fighting for a Pac-12 championship,” BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe said according to the official BYU press release. “It’s also a great opportunity for our large fan base in Southern California to see the Cougars play in the Rose Bowl — one of the most storied football venues in the country.”
In 2015, BYU will travel to some of college football's most storied stadiums. The Cougars will open the season at Memorial Stadium against Nebraska on Sept. 5, and then face Michigan in the Big House on Sept. 26.
Currently, BYU has five home games on the 2015 schedule: Boise State, East Carolina, Cincinnati, UConn and Fresno State. The addition of UCLA to the schedule means BYU now has seven road games (Nebraska, UCLA, Michigan, Southern Miss, San Jose State, UNLV and Utah State).
Other scheduling news: The University of Nevada announced Thursday that both BYU and Nevada have agreed to remove the Wolf Pack's 2019 game in Provo from the schedule.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13