MILLCREEK — The body of a 40-year-old woman was found in a canal behind a parking lot Wednesday.
A man had parked near the canal at 4140 S. Highland Drive on Wednesday afternoon and spotted the woman's body, Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder said.
The woman's death does not appear to be suspicious, Winder said. Investigators believe the woman's body was in the river for less than 24 hours.
Winder said it appears the woman slid into the canal about 30 to 40 yards away from where it was found. Police are working to determine why she couldn't get herself out of the canal, which is less than 2 feet deep.
Police have identified the woman, Winder said. The woman's name was not immediately released pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14