MILLCREEK — The body of a 40-year-old woman was found in a canal behind a parking lot Wednesday.
A man had parked near the canal at 4140 S. Highland Drive on Wednesday afternoon and spotted the woman's body, Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder said.
The woman's death does not appear to be suspicious, Winder said. Investigators believe the woman's body was in the river for less than 24 hours.
Winder said it appears the woman slid into the canal about 30 to 40 yards away from where it was found. Police are working to determine why she couldn't get herself out of the canal, which is less than 2 feet deep.
Police have identified the woman, Winder said. The woman's name was not immediately released pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20