MILLCREEK — The body of a 40-year-old woman was found in a canal behind a parking lot Wednesday.
A man had parked near the canal at 4140 S. Highland Drive on Wednesday afternoon and spotted the woman's body, Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder said.
The woman's death does not appear to be suspicious, Winder said. Investigators believe the woman's body was in the river for less than 24 hours.
Winder said it appears the woman slid into the canal about 30 to 40 yards away from where it was found. Police are working to determine why she couldn't get herself out of the canal, which is less than 2 feet deep.
Police have identified the woman, Winder said. The woman's name was not immediately released pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13