MILLCREEK — The body of a 40-year-old woman was found in a canal behind a parking lot Wednesday.
A man had parked near the canal at 4140 S. Highland Drive on Wednesday afternoon and spotted the woman's body, Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder said.
The woman's death does not appear to be suspicious, Winder said. Investigators believe the woman's body was in the river for less than 24 hours.
Winder said it appears the woman slid into the canal about 30 to 40 yards away from where it was found. Police are working to determine why she couldn't get herself out of the canal, which is less than 2 feet deep.
Police have identified the woman, Winder said. The woman's name was not immediately released pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12