I have had a goal of earning my Eagle Scout for many years. My grandfather is a Silver Beaver, my uncle is a Silver Beaver, and four other uncles are Eagle Scouts. Even my dad is an Eagle Scout. All of them try to lead and help inspire other young boys like m toward earning their Eagle Scouts.
Let us all remember: It is called the Boy Scouts of America. It is not the "Adult Scouts of America." All other positions and leadership officials are there to lead, inspire and help other young boys year after year to aspire to become an Eagle Scout.
Instead, what has been happening is adults have been wasting precious time and resources that could have been going towards us boys.
In 2012, my older brother completed his Eagle Scout project for Ghana for newborn babies and their mothers. I am aware of other wonderful and beneficial service projects performed by scouts and their troops.
I would hope and pray that people everywhere would put politics and agendas behind them and start looking forward to many years of BSA support.
Leave the "Boys" out of the politics please.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20