BYU football: Cougars' home games vs. Houston, Utah State to be televised on ESPN
Eric Christian Smith, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Broadcast plans for three more 2014 BYU football games have been revealed, and two of them include games on ESPN.
On Wednesday, ESPN and BYUtv announced the TV broadcast dates and times for the Cougars' contests against Houston, Utah State and Savannah State.
BYU's home opener against Houston on Thursday, Sept. 11, will kick off at 7 p.m. MT on ESPN. Last season, BYU rallied to defeat Houston 47-46 at Reliant Stadium in Houston on a Taysom Hill-to-Skyler Ridley touchdown pass with 1:08 remaining.
The Cougars' Friday, Oct. 3, home contest against Utah State will also be televised on ESPN and is set to begin at 8:15 p.m. BYU topped the Aggies 31-14 in Logan in 2013.
The Cougars' home finale, against Savannah State on Saturday, Nov. 22, will be televised on BYUtv beginning at 1 p.m.
TV plans have now been announced for eight of BYU's 12 regular-season games in 2014. The Cougars have four games scheduled for ESPN and their game against Boise State on either ESPN or ESPN2, as well as one game on Fox Sports 1, one on CBS Sports Network and the Savannah State game on BYUtv.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6