Cookbook review: Recipes in 'Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook' make healthy eating easy for all
Editor's note: This is one of several cookbooks and other informational books that cater to specific medical issues have crossed our desks recently. While books like these can help supplement a diet or treatment, they should be coupled with the advice of medical professionals.
"FIX-IT AND FORGET-IT DIABETIC COOKBOOK, Revised and Updated," by Phyllis Pellman Good, Good Books, $25.95 hardback, $15.95 paperback, 284 pages
Phyllis Pellman Good is an experienced author who has appeared on the New York Times best-sellers list multiple times with the success of her earlier publications. Her newest book in the Fix-It and Forget-It series is geared toward helping people with diabetes — as well as others — become healthier in their eating habits.
The author gathered and compiled recipes from around the United States and then worked with the American Diabetes Association to provide complete exchange values and Basic Nutritional Values for each of the 550 recipes, which vary from breakfast and appetizers to main dishes and desserts.
It also includes other valuable information for readers of various cooking experience levels. The author included a section at the beginning of the book that deals with proper portion control as well as how many servings of each food group should be eaten each day. For people trying to make changes to their existing diet, these sections will be beneficial, and the included visual clues help readers to learn the concept easier.
“Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook, Revised and Updated” is easy to use for all ages. Most of the recipes use ingredients that are easy to find at local stores. Adults can use this book for their own meal preparation, and parents can use it to teach their children about cooking and healthy eating while they make the recipes together.
Landon Walters is a history and political science major at Salt Lake Community College. He is an avid sports fan and loves writing. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Trump takes time from victory lap to swat at...
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 18
- Trump takes time from victory lap to... 14
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed... 5
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2