BYU AD Tom Holmoe joins NCAA Division I men's basketball selection committee
Jaren Wilkey, BYU
BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe has added NCAA Division I men's basketball selection committee member to his current responsibilities.
The school announced Wednesday that Holmoe was named to the committee. He replaces Jamie Zaninovich, the West Coast Conference commissioner who is transitioning to a job in the Pac-12 next month, and will serve out the final two years of Zaninovich's five-year term.
The committee is responsible for selecting and seeding the teams for the 68-team field for the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
The WCC commish, who is taking the position of deputy commissioner and COO of the Pac-12, was appointed to the committee in 2011.
“I’m honored to be selected to represent the West Coast Conference and to serve on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball committee,” Holmoe said in a news release. “I appreciate those who have served before me and will do all I can to keep the tournament the wonderful event it has become.”
Scott Barnes, Utah State's vice president and director of athletics, will chair the 10-man committee in 2014-15.
“Jamie has been an incredible asset to the men’s basketball committee and to the championship as a whole, and we wish him continued success as he prepares to leave for the Pac-12,” Dan Gavitt, the NCAA’s vice president for men’s basketball, said in the news release. “Tom has a tremendous amount of respect from his colleagues in collegiate athletics and is an ideal choice to replace Jamie. We look forward to his contributions to the group.”
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 11
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8