BYU AD Tom Holmoe joins NCAA Division I men's basketball selection committee
Jaren Wilkey, BYU
BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe has added NCAA Division I men's basketball selection committee member to his current responsibilities.
The school announced Wednesday that Holmoe was named to the committee. He replaces Jamie Zaninovich, the West Coast Conference commissioner who is transitioning to a job in the Pac-12 next month, and will serve out the final two years of Zaninovich's five-year term.
The committee is responsible for selecting and seeding the teams for the 68-team field for the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
The WCC commish, who is taking the position of deputy commissioner and COO of the Pac-12, was appointed to the committee in 2011.
“I’m honored to be selected to represent the West Coast Conference and to serve on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball committee,” Holmoe said in a news release. “I appreciate those who have served before me and will do all I can to keep the tournament the wonderful event it has become.”
Scott Barnes, Utah State's vice president and director of athletics, will chair the 10-man committee in 2014-15.
“Jamie has been an incredible asset to the men’s basketball committee and to the championship as a whole, and we wish him continued success as he prepares to leave for the Pac-12,” Dan Gavitt, the NCAA’s vice president for men’s basketball, said in the news release. “Tom has a tremendous amount of respect from his colleagues in collegiate athletics and is an ideal choice to replace Jamie. We look forward to his contributions to the group.”
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 50
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 22
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 17