Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's return home has elicited a great deal of emotion. None seems to be directed at the source of the problem, war.
War is spawned from hatred, anger, bigotry and mistrust. It gives rise to more of the same, heroes and deserters. Whether Bergdahl is a hero or deserter depends on point of view. However, this is a fact, if there is no war, there are no war heroes or deserters. In medicine, the best way to deal with an illness is to identify and eradicate the disease itself, not just treat the symptoms. This sort of thought should be applied to the process of war.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26