Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's return home has elicited a great deal of emotion. None seems to be directed at the source of the problem, war.
War is spawned from hatred, anger, bigotry and mistrust. It gives rise to more of the same, heroes and deserters. Whether Bergdahl is a hero or deserter depends on point of view. However, this is a fact, if there is no war, there are no war heroes or deserters. In medicine, the best way to deal with an illness is to identify and eradicate the disease itself, not just treat the symptoms. This sort of thought should be applied to the process of war.
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12