Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's return home has elicited a great deal of emotion. None seems to be directed at the source of the problem, war.
War is spawned from hatred, anger, bigotry and mistrust. It gives rise to more of the same, heroes and deserters. Whether Bergdahl is a hero or deserter depends on point of view. However, this is a fact, if there is no war, there are no war heroes or deserters. In medicine, the best way to deal with an illness is to identify and eradicate the disease itself, not just treat the symptoms. This sort of thought should be applied to the process of war.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 42
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31