Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's return home has elicited a great deal of emotion. None seems to be directed at the source of the problem, war.
War is spawned from hatred, anger, bigotry and mistrust. It gives rise to more of the same, heroes and deserters. Whether Bergdahl is a hero or deserter depends on point of view. However, this is a fact, if there is no war, there are no war heroes or deserters. In medicine, the best way to deal with an illness is to identify and eradicate the disease itself, not just treat the symptoms. This sort of thought should be applied to the process of war.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 41
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31