Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's return home has elicited a great deal of emotion. None seems to be directed at the source of the problem, war.
War is spawned from hatred, anger, bigotry and mistrust. It gives rise to more of the same, heroes and deserters. Whether Bergdahl is a hero or deserter depends on point of view. However, this is a fact, if there is no war, there are no war heroes or deserters. In medicine, the best way to deal with an illness is to identify and eradicate the disease itself, not just treat the symptoms. This sort of thought should be applied to the process of war.
- My View: What I learned about air pollution...
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 62
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 48
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 27
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16