Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's return home has elicited a great deal of emotion. None seems to be directed at the source of the problem, war.
War is spawned from hatred, anger, bigotry and mistrust. It gives rise to more of the same, heroes and deserters. Whether Bergdahl is a hero or deserter depends on point of view. However, this is a fact, if there is no war, there are no war heroes or deserters. In medicine, the best way to deal with an illness is to identify and eradicate the disease itself, not just treat the symptoms. This sort of thought should be applied to the process of war.
- Letter: Social judges?
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- In our opinion: Children's Book Week...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Letter: Social judges? 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 27