SOUTH OGDEN — A weekend accident that killed a South Ogden man has now claimed his wife.
Vivian Sylvester, 92, was critically injured as a passenger in a Saturn that crashed into a vehicle making a turn at the intersection of U.S. 89 and Harrison Boulevard on Sunday afternoon. She died Tuesday morning.
Her husband, Russell Sylvester, 93, was driving the car and died at the scene of the accident.
The driver and passenger of the other vehicle, Kenneth Hahn, 54, and Melanie Hahn, 52, were taken to local hospitals with injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening.
Police were investigating Tuesday whether Sylvester ran a red light, crashing into the Hahns' vehicle.
— Whitney Evans
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16