MORGAN — A 17-year-old boy was killed in a rollover accident Tuesday morning.
Austin Larsen, of Farmington, was heading east on I-84 near Morgan just before 7 a.m. when his Ford Ranger went off the road to the right and overcorrected back to the left, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The Ford Ranger crossed all lanes of traffic and went into the median, where it rolled over a wire barrier and came to a stop in the westbound lanes, according to the UHP. Larsen was killed when he was ejected from the vehicle.
Investigators said it appears the young driver, who was not wearing a seat belt, may have fallen asleep at the wheel.
— McKenzie Romero
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12