WEST WEBER, Weber County — An unconscious man was pulled from the Weber River by his mother Monday night.
The 50-year-old man was reportedly visiting with family and went off on his own on his mother's four-wheeler.
His mother, who became worried, went looking for him and found him face down in the water near the bank, Weber Fire District Marshal Brandon Thueson reported.
"She was able to pull him to the bank of the river and call for help," Thueson said.
Weber County sheriff's deputies were first on the scene, near 429 South and 5000 West, after the call was made about 6 p.m., Thueson said.
The man showed signs of labored breathing and paramedics performed CPR, but he didn't regain consciousness and was transported to Ogden Regional Medical Center by medical helicopter, according to a news release from the Weber County Sheriff's Office.
Two cans of aerosol dust cleaner were located on the victim's property, according to the release. Officials believe the man may have been abusing the substance and accidentally fell down a steep, 10-foot embankment.
Officials don't know how long the man was in the river.
The Weber River was slow and deep in the area where the man was found, though other areas of river are running fast with runoff, Thueson said.
Thueson said officials did not know the man's condition Monday night.
— McKenzie Romero
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- A Utah hiker's dream: A trek that may take...
- 17 pictures that will make you appreciate...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- 26-year-old Provo woman missing since...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new... 62
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 27
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 24
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 18
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 16
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 9