This news about an American coming home after being a Taliban prisoner is great news, but a true leader would exhaust every method of bringing the captured home before even considering a trade with the enemy.
The only thing Obama has been doing exhausting work on is his excuses on all of the scandals from his healthcare folly to what has been going on with the VA. The true legacies of an ineffectual leader are the good intentions that have paved the pathway to the underworld.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 47
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Jay Evensen: Drought, political insults... 10