Elise Amendola, AP
Following Nicholas Mahut’s first-round loss in the French Open, a reporter began the press conference by saying, “Congratulations.”
“Congratulations?” Mahut said. “I lost.”
Reporter: “You lost? OK. So what happened out there?”
Mahut: “Are you serious? Did you watch the match?”
Reporter: “No, I didn’t. I was told that you won. I’m sorry.”
Mahut (awkward pause): “Questions in French, please.”
Rock On suggests the reporter skip any of Gregg Popovich’s playoff press conferences.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22