Elise Amendola, AP
Following Nicholas Mahut’s first-round loss in the French Open, a reporter began the press conference by saying, “Congratulations.”
“Congratulations?” Mahut said. “I lost.”
Reporter: “You lost? OK. So what happened out there?”
Mahut: “Are you serious? Did you watch the match?”
Reporter: “No, I didn’t. I was told that you won. I’m sorry.”
Mahut (awkward pause): “Questions in French, please.”
Rock On suggests the reporter skip any of Gregg Popovich’s playoff press conferences.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 21