Elise Amendola, AP
Following Nicholas Mahut’s first-round loss in the French Open, a reporter began the press conference by saying, “Congratulations.”
“Congratulations?” Mahut said. “I lost.”
Reporter: “You lost? OK. So what happened out there?”
Mahut: “Are you serious? Did you watch the match?”
Reporter: “No, I didn’t. I was told that you won. I’m sorry.”
Mahut (awkward pause): “Questions in French, please.”
Rock On suggests the reporter skip any of Gregg Popovich’s playoff press conferences.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25