Elise Amendola, AP
Following Nicholas Mahut’s first-round loss in the French Open, a reporter began the press conference by saying, “Congratulations.”
“Congratulations?” Mahut said. “I lost.”
Reporter: “You lost? OK. So what happened out there?”
Mahut: “Are you serious? Did you watch the match?”
Reporter: “No, I didn’t. I was told that you won. I’m sorry.”
Mahut (awkward pause): “Questions in French, please.”
Rock On suggests the reporter skip any of Gregg Popovich’s playoff press conferences.
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Old Wagon Wheel live coverage: BYU at Utah State
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- Disappointed Utes determined to bounce... 24