Utah rugby club rolls to High School Rugby Challenge title
PHILADELPHIA — The Utah Lions, an all-star rugby team based in Utah, won the High School Rugby Challenge, crushing Malvern Prep 26-0 at PNC Park on Sunday.
The tournament, which was run in conjunction with the Collegiate Rugby Championship that was broadcasted on the NBC Sports Network, is the second major tournament title for the Lions, who are undefeated with a 12-0 record.
“It just shows that Utah is actually really good at rugby, because we win Las Vegas, which was Western teams, and this here was Eastern,” Utah’s Bridger Gilgen told RugbyToday.com. “It was good for Utah and good exposure for us, too, as players.”
Pic of the boys after beating Malvern. pic.twitter.com/79m2mDiH87— Utah Youth Rugby (@RugbyUtah) June 1, 2014
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 64
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51