Utah rugby club rolls to High School Rugby Challenge title
PHILADELPHIA — The Utah Lions, an all-star rugby team based in Utah, won the High School Rugby Challenge, crushing Malvern Prep 26-0 at PNC Park on Sunday.
The tournament, which was run in conjunction with the Collegiate Rugby Championship that was broadcasted on the NBC Sports Network, is the second major tournament title for the Lions, who are undefeated with a 12-0 record.
“It just shows that Utah is actually really good at rugby, because we win Las Vegas, which was Western teams, and this here was Eastern,” Utah’s Bridger Gilgen told RugbyToday.com. “It was good for Utah and good exposure for us, too, as players.”
Pic of the boys after beating Malvern. pic.twitter.com/79m2mDiH87— Utah Youth Rugby (@RugbyUtah) June 1, 2014
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 94
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 25
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21