Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police on Sunday identified a man found dead in his home of gunshot wounds Saturday evening.
Theodore B. Kelbach, 49, of Kearns, was found dead inside his house, 5446 S. Nez Perce Drive (5080 West), around 5:45 p.m. Witnesses told police that a heavy-set Polynesian man in his 20s or 30s fled from the scene in a silver, four-door passenger car with a sun roof. The man was wearing a red shirt and had long, curly hair pulled into a ponytail.
Police are still unsure about a motive for the shooting, but do not think it was random, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
"Right now we believe that this individual was probably targeted," he said. "The suspect came here for a reason, but we are doing everything we can to locate the individual responsible for this crime."
Anyone with information about the shooting should call police at 385-468-9817.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8