Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police on Sunday identified a man found dead in his home of gunshot wounds Saturday evening.
Theodore B. Kelbach, 49, of Kearns, was found dead inside his house, 5446 S. Nez Perce Drive (5080 West), around 5:45 p.m. Witnesses told police that a heavy-set Polynesian man in his 20s or 30s fled from the scene in a silver, four-door passenger car with a sun roof. The man was wearing a red shirt and had long, curly hair pulled into a ponytail.
Police are still unsure about a motive for the shooting, but do not think it was random, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
"Right now we believe that this individual was probably targeted," he said. "The suspect came here for a reason, but we are doing everything we can to locate the individual responsible for this crime."
Anyone with information about the shooting should call police at 385-468-9817.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13