Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police on Sunday identified a man found dead in his home of gunshot wounds Saturday evening.
Theodore B. Kelbach, 49, of Kearns, was found dead inside his house, 5446 S. Nez Perce Drive (5080 West), around 5:45 p.m. Witnesses told police that a heavy-set Polynesian man in his 20s or 30s fled from the scene in a silver, four-door passenger car with a sun roof. The man was wearing a red shirt and had long, curly hair pulled into a ponytail.
Police are still unsure about a motive for the shooting, but do not think it was random, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
"Right now we believe that this individual was probably targeted," he said. "The suspect came here for a reason, but we are doing everything we can to locate the individual responsible for this crime."
Anyone with information about the shooting should call police at 385-468-9817.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 28
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15