Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police on Sunday identified a man found dead in his home of gunshot wounds Saturday evening.
Theodore B. Kelbach, 49, of Kearns, was found dead inside his house, 5446 S. Nez Perce Drive (5080 West), around 5:45 p.m. Witnesses told police that a heavy-set Polynesian man in his 20s or 30s fled from the scene in a silver, four-door passenger car with a sun roof. The man was wearing a red shirt and had long, curly hair pulled into a ponytail.
Police are still unsure about a motive for the shooting, but do not think it was random, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
"Right now we believe that this individual was probably targeted," he said. "The suspect came here for a reason, but we are doing everything we can to locate the individual responsible for this crime."
Anyone with information about the shooting should call police at 385-468-9817.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8