Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police on Sunday identified a man found dead in his home of gunshot wounds Saturday evening.
Theodore B. Kelbach, 49, of Kearns, was found dead inside his house, 5446 S. Nez Perce Drive (5080 West), around 5:45 p.m. Witnesses told police that a heavy-set Polynesian man in his 20s or 30s fled from the scene in a silver, four-door passenger car with a sun roof. The man was wearing a red shirt and had long, curly hair pulled into a ponytail.
Police are still unsure about a motive for the shooting, but do not think it was random, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
"Right now we believe that this individual was probably targeted," he said. "The suspect came here for a reason, but we are doing everything we can to locate the individual responsible for this crime."
Anyone with information about the shooting should call police at 385-468-9817.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11