MILLCREEK — A 7-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after nearly drowning in an apartment pool.
Around 4 p.m., the boy was visiting the Riverbend Apartments, 845 W. Meadow Brook Expressway (3900 South), with his parents and trying to see how long he could hold his breath in the pool, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. An adult noticed the boy had been under water for too long and went to help.
Several adults came to his aid, performed CPR and the boy was transported to Primary Children's Hospital. Though he was transported in critical condition, Hoyal said he was later upgraded to serious, but stable condition.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8