MILLCREEK — A 7-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after nearly drowning in an apartment pool.
Around 4 p.m., the boy was visiting the Riverbend Apartments, 845 W. Meadow Brook Expressway (3900 South), with his parents and trying to see how long he could hold his breath in the pool, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. An adult noticed the boy had been under water for too long and went to help.
Several adults came to his aid, performed CPR and the boy was transported to Primary Children's Hospital. Though he was transported in critical condition, Hoyal said he was later upgraded to serious, but stable condition.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15