MILLCREEK — A 7-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after nearly drowning in an apartment pool.
Around 4 p.m., the boy was visiting the Riverbend Apartments, 845 W. Meadow Brook Expressway (3900 South), with his parents and trying to see how long he could hold his breath in the pool, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. An adult noticed the boy had been under water for too long and went to help.
Several adults came to his aid, performed CPR and the boy was transported to Primary Children's Hospital. Though he was transported in critical condition, Hoyal said he was later upgraded to serious, but stable condition.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14