MILLCREEK — A 7-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after nearly drowning in an apartment pool.
Around 4 p.m., the boy was visiting the Riverbend Apartments, 845 W. Meadow Brook Expressway (3900 South), with his parents and trying to see how long he could hold his breath in the pool, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. An adult noticed the boy had been under water for too long and went to help.
Several adults came to his aid, performed CPR and the boy was transported to Primary Children's Hospital. Though he was transported in critical condition, Hoyal said he was later upgraded to serious, but stable condition.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10