DRAPER — A Utah National Guard member was victorious at the Army National Guard Region VII Best Warrior Competition on May 22 at Camp Williams.
Staff Sgt. Devin Jameson, of the Utah Guard's 640th Regional Training Institute, now advances to the national competition in the category of best noncommissioned officer.
"I was really surprised to win," said Jameson, a Saratoga Springs resident. "All the competitors were so well-prepared that it was a really close race."
Jameson's focus now shifts to the national competition.
"I'm going to do my best to represent Utah, have fun and enjoy the experience," he said.
The Army National Guard Best Warrior Competition is scheduled for July 13-17 at the Camp Robinson in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 30
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17