DRAPER — A Utah National Guard member was victorious at the Army National Guard Region VII Best Warrior Competition on May 22 at Camp Williams.
Staff Sgt. Devin Jameson, of the Utah Guard's 640th Regional Training Institute, now advances to the national competition in the category of best noncommissioned officer.
"I was really surprised to win," said Jameson, a Saratoga Springs resident. "All the competitors were so well-prepared that it was a really close race."
Jameson's focus now shifts to the national competition.
"I'm going to do my best to represent Utah, have fun and enjoy the experience," he said.
The Army National Guard Best Warrior Competition is scheduled for July 13-17 at the Camp Robinson in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26