DRAPER — A Utah National Guard member was victorious at the Army National Guard Region VII Best Warrior Competition on May 22 at Camp Williams.
Staff Sgt. Devin Jameson, of the Utah Guard's 640th Regional Training Institute, now advances to the national competition in the category of best noncommissioned officer.
"I was really surprised to win," said Jameson, a Saratoga Springs resident. "All the competitors were so well-prepared that it was a really close race."
Jameson's focus now shifts to the national competition.
"I'm going to do my best to represent Utah, have fun and enjoy the experience," he said.
The Army National Guard Best Warrior Competition is scheduled for July 13-17 at the Camp Robinson in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10