DRAPER — A Utah National Guard member was victorious at the Army National Guard Region VII Best Warrior Competition on May 22 at Camp Williams.
Staff Sgt. Devin Jameson, of the Utah Guard's 640th Regional Training Institute, now advances to the national competition in the category of best noncommissioned officer.
"I was really surprised to win," said Jameson, a Saratoga Springs resident. "All the competitors were so well-prepared that it was a really close race."
Jameson's focus now shifts to the national competition.
"I'm going to do my best to represent Utah, have fun and enjoy the experience," he said.
The Army National Guard Best Warrior Competition is scheduled for July 13-17 at the Camp Robinson in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 24