Former Ute Keith McGill signs rookie deal with Oakland Raiders
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah cornerback Keith McGill, a fourth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in this year's NFL draft, has signed his rookie contract with the team.
The Raiders announced the signing of both McGill and defensive tackle Justin Ellis, a fellow fourth-round pick, on Friday.
Oakland currently has four former Utes on its roster. They include offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, as well as fellow rookies Jake Murphy (tight end) and Karl Williams (fullback), who signed free-agent deals after going undrafted.
McGill is one of three rookie cornerbacks on the Raiders' roster and stands tallest among all Oakland corners at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds.
“Keith is one of those guys that he has size, he has length, he has speed,” Raiders head coach Dennis Allen told team writer Rebecca Corman after Oakland's rookie minicamp. “He has the skill set that will allow him, if he continues to work and do the things that we ask him to do, to be a good player.”
Outside linebacker Trevor Reilly, the other former Ute player drafted this season, has already signed with the New York Jets. He was a seventh-round pick by the Jets.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 110
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 74
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 30
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 24
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 23
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 20