Former Ute Keith McGill signs rookie deal with Oakland Raiders
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah cornerback Keith McGill, a fourth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in this year's NFL draft, has signed his rookie contract with the team.
The Raiders announced the signing of both McGill and defensive tackle Justin Ellis, a fellow fourth-round pick, on Friday.
Oakland currently has four former Utes on its roster. They include offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, as well as fellow rookies Jake Murphy (tight end) and Karl Williams (fullback), who signed free-agent deals after going undrafted.
McGill is one of three rookie cornerbacks on the Raiders' roster and stands tallest among all Oakland corners at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds.
“Keith is one of those guys that he has size, he has length, he has speed,” Raiders head coach Dennis Allen told team writer Rebecca Corman after Oakland's rookie minicamp. “He has the skill set that will allow him, if he continues to work and do the things that we ask him to do, to be a good player.”
Outside linebacker Trevor Reilly, the other former Ute player drafted this season, has already signed with the New York Jets. He was a seventh-round pick by the Jets.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8