Former Ute Keith McGill signs rookie deal with Oakland Raiders
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah cornerback Keith McGill, a fourth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in this year's NFL draft, has signed his rookie contract with the team.
The Raiders announced the signing of both McGill and defensive tackle Justin Ellis, a fellow fourth-round pick, on Friday.
Oakland currently has four former Utes on its roster. They include offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, as well as fellow rookies Jake Murphy (tight end) and Karl Williams (fullback), who signed free-agent deals after going undrafted.
McGill is one of three rookie cornerbacks on the Raiders' roster and stands tallest among all Oakland corners at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds.
“Keith is one of those guys that he has size, he has length, he has speed,” Raiders head coach Dennis Allen told team writer Rebecca Corman after Oakland's rookie minicamp. “He has the skill set that will allow him, if he continues to work and do the things that we ask him to do, to be a good player.”
Outside linebacker Trevor Reilly, the other former Ute player drafted this season, has already signed with the New York Jets. He was a seventh-round pick by the Jets.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45