Former Ute Keith McGill signs rookie deal with Oakland Raiders
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah cornerback Keith McGill, a fourth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in this year's NFL draft, has signed his rookie contract with the team.
The Raiders announced the signing of both McGill and defensive tackle Justin Ellis, a fellow fourth-round pick, on Friday.
Oakland currently has four former Utes on its roster. They include offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, as well as fellow rookies Jake Murphy (tight end) and Karl Williams (fullback), who signed free-agent deals after going undrafted.
McGill is one of three rookie cornerbacks on the Raiders' roster and stands tallest among all Oakland corners at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds.
“Keith is one of those guys that he has size, he has length, he has speed,” Raiders head coach Dennis Allen told team writer Rebecca Corman after Oakland's rookie minicamp. “He has the skill set that will allow him, if he continues to work and do the things that we ask him to do, to be a good player.”
Outside linebacker Trevor Reilly, the other former Ute player drafted this season, has already signed with the New York Jets. He was a seventh-round pick by the Jets.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22