June events at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
KENSINGTON, Maryland — Events at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors’ Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in June include musical performances and firesides.
On Sunday, June 1, at 7 p.m. the “Ties That Bind” musical event includes pianist John Bailey, violinist LoiAnne Eyring, flutist Joyce Bennett and vocalist Seiko Shimada.
The University of Saint Thomas Singers from the Philippines will perform on Saturday, June 7, at 7 p.m.
Missionaries from the Washington D.C. North Mission will perform Sunday, June 8, at 7 p.m. during a “Night of Music and Inspiration.”
Mormon Choir of D.C. is scheduled to share favorite pops, patriotic and Disney selections on Saturday, June 14, at 7 p.m. On Sunday, June 15, at 7 p.m. will be a “Why I Believe” with Charity Tillemann-Dick, a soprano vocalist, who has had two double lung transplants.
An art exhibit titled “Witnesses of Christ,” by Liz Lemon Swindle, is on display until June 15.
The Washington D.C. Orchestra will perform Broadway hits on Saturday, June 21, at 7 p.m. Philippine concert pianist Raul Sunico is scheduled for Sunday, June 22, at 7 p.m.
On Wednesday, June 25, dancing violinist Lindsey Sterling is scheduled to perform. Tickets are free and required. See specialeventsdc.com.
U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart will speak at a patriotic fireside on Sunday, June 29, at 7 p.m.
The visitors center is at 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, Maryland.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Pixar president speaks on creative culture at...
- BYUtv releases 'New Day for the Book of...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 170
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 60
- LDS position on gay, religious rights... 46
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 35
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 29
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- LDS Church releases statement on... 25
- Mitt Romney calls Utah home, could open... 20