Ed Snowden agreed to be interviewed by NBC last week so he could tell us all he was a high-level spy. The White House said this wasn’t true, otherwise they would have accidentally leaked his name to the press long ago.
The administration accidentally leaked the name of its “chief of station” in Afghanistan during the president’s recent surprise trip there. It went out to thousands of people, including reporters, on the official e-mail list. Somewhere, Valerie Plame is welcoming a new member to the Jilted Spy club.
Scooter Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff, was convicted of perjury and obstruction concerning the leak of Plame’s name. As for the latest goof, there is no law against stupid.
Snowden said he was trained as a spy, but that he isn’t helping the Russian government, despite being granted temporary asylum there in order to escape espionage charges in the U.S. Well, sure, we can all believe Vladimir Putin is just a big-hearted guy happy to help some poor, misunderstood foreign spy.
99-year-old Jesse White finally got her diploma from Beal College in Maine last week. She finished school in 1939 but couldn’t graduate because of a $5 fee. It’s amazing what you can do saving a nickel a year.
Actually, the college president picked up the cost of her fee. Now that this is out of the way, White can finally look for a job. As for the rest of us, the message is clear. Don’t mess with Beal College if you owe a fee.
California is considering a bill that would require warning labels on all sugary sodas. Meanwhile, medical marijuana will still be available without any warnings, even though users might get the munchies and end up on the convenience store soda aisle.
Future label idea for legal marijuana packs in Washington and Colorado: “Warning: Use of this product with a sugary soda could cause tooth decay.”
Google unveiled a smart car last week that has no steering wheel. All it has is an “on/off” button. Just tell it a destination, then sit back and relax while it pauses on the freeway for an automatic software update.
Just think, in the future, bank robbers won’t need to waste money on a getaway driver. Of course, if they don’t program things right, they may find their getaway car got away.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- In our opinion: House bill would expedite...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 87
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 73
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 34
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27