BYU football: Backup fullback Pritchard, quarterback Green are leaving program
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU football spokesman Brett Pyne confirmed Friday that backup fullback Iona Pritchard and backup quarterback Billy Green are leaving the program.
Pritchard, who has already graduated from BYU, is expected to join his younger brother, Baker, at Oregon State for his senior season. Baker, a former BYU signee who recently returned home from a mission, opted to transfer to OSU last February.
Injuries hampered Pritchard’s career with the Cougars. He suffered a season-ending leg and ankle injury during a fall camp scrimmage in 2011.
Green, a sophomore, is also seeking a new school after requesting a release from BYU.
The 6-foot-2, 196-pound QB from Woodway, Washington, took a few snaps against Idaho State last November as a true freshman.
Green’s departure leaves just three quarterbacks on the Cougars' roster that participated in spring ball — starter Taysom Hill, backup Christian Stewart and Hunter Moore.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 19
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7