OGDEN — A man was found dead Thursday night in an Ogden storage unit, and police are investigating the case as a homicide.
About 10:15 p.m., a woman contacted police and reported finding a man's body inside a storage unit at 2930 Pennsylvania Ave. Officers responded and found the circumstances surrounding the death suspicious, according to Ogden deputy director of administration John Harvey.
The victim was identified as Elgie Ray Mills Jr., 43. An autopsy was being performed to determine the cause of death.
Police were interviewing several witnesses, and search warrants were being served at several locations.
Police were searching for a person of interest, Shawn Gerrald Boehme, 45, who was with Mills close to the time of death, which has not yet been specified by police. Boehme is described as 6 feet 2 inches tall and 150 pounds.
Police found Boehme's 1989 Ford F-150 truck abandoned in west Weber County. As of Friday evening, police had not located Boehme, who they said should be considered dangerous.
"We have a systematic approach to this investigation," Harvey said, "and we will leave no stone unturned until we come to the conclusion of this investigation."
A search of court records indicates Mills pleaded guilty in 2013 to violation of a protective order, failing to stop at the command of law enforcement, and interfering with an arresting officer.
Court records also indicate Boehme pleaded guilty to multiple charges from 1997 to 2007, including possession of drug paraphernalia, driving under the influence, failure to stop at the command of police, attempted assault by prisoner, and theft.
Anyone with information about the death is encouraged to contact Ogden police detective Reed Mackley at 801-629-8497. Anonymous tips may be posted online at http://tinyurl.com/opdtips.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Police looking for man who allegedly fired at...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 52
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 26
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16