David J. Phillip, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Judging their first four pre-draft workout sessions, it might appear the Utah Jazz are using a "think outside the mocks" strategy.
The Jazz will host six more under-the-radar players Friday morning as they continue compiling a database of information on a wide variety of future pros, from guys popular in mock drafts to those who have more potential than publicity.
The latest group includes Xavier guard Semaj Christon (6-3, 190), Louisville forward Luke Hancock (6-6, 200), Rutgers forward Wally Judge (6-9, 250), Iowa State guard DeAndre Kane (6-4, 200), UCLA forward Travis Wear (6-10, 230) and Marquette forward Jamil Wilson (6-7, 230).
The 21-year-old Christon is the highest ranked player among this group, having averaged 17 points as a sophomore. He is listed as No. 27 on NBADraft.net's Top 100 player board and is projected to be drafted in the first round at 28th overall by the website.
Kane, who finished his collegiate career playing for coach Fred Hoiberg after three seasons at Marshall, is slated to go late in the second round (53rd overall) by NBADraft.net.
The Jazz have the fifth, 23rd and 35th picks of the June 26 draft, and the team is expecting to bring in a slew of players for evaluations over the next couple of weeks.
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive meltdown...
- High school basketball: Lone Peak, Murray,...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 126
- Utah's Devontae Booker reportedly... 72
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 45
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 37
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 36
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35