Information for parents about the film "Maleficent":
Violence: Battle scenes between humans and conjured monsters. Men are thrown by creatures. A man drugs a woman so she will sleep. Some comical slapping occurs. A fun mud fight takes place. Men fight a dragon in the castle and are burned. Parts of the castle burn and chains are used to hold the dragon. A man falls to his death
Fantasy: Some characters are cute but others can be frightening for younger children. Similar tone to the Narnia films, but a little darker.
Language/nudity: No objectionable language is used. A nude man is seen from his stomach up
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com.
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Emma Watson to star in live-action 'Beauty...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
- Courtney Love, Frances Bean appear together...
- Redford, Nolte, Offerman highlight Sundance...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in... 3
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with... 3
- Book review: Young widow's memoir... 2
- 'Building audiences': Sundance Film... 1
- Star-Lord vs. Captain America:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures... 1
- Oscar snubs? Hey, Academy Awards are... 1
- Robert Redford: Sundance Film Festival... 1