LDS Church announces live Facebook chat with David Archuleta
Archuleta Family, Deseret New Archives
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Thursday that former American Idol contestant and returned LDS missionary David Archuleta will be participating in a live chat on Facebook.
On June 24 at 7 p.m., Archuleta will participate in the interactive discussion regarding his decision to serve a mission, as well as his mission experiences. The event will be available on the LDS Youth Facebook page and will be moderated by Young Women General President Bonnie L. Oscarson and Young Men General President David L. Beck, according to LDS.org.
"Youth around the world will have opportunities to ask questions in real time and hear about David Archuleta's decision to postpone a successful music career to serve the Lord," the statement on LDS.org says.
"He will also share stories from his mission, give advice for future missionaries, and share his testimony in word and song."
Archuleta returned in March from his mission to Chile, where he served for two years. Since his return, Archuleta has published two short YouTube videos mentioning his missionary service.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about... 45
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 28
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6
- What one man's beard says about... 5
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5