LDS Church announces live Facebook chat with David Archuleta
Archuleta Family, Deseret New Archives
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Thursday that former American Idol contestant and returned LDS missionary David Archuleta will be participating in a live chat on Facebook.
On June 24 at 7 p.m., Archuleta will participate in the interactive discussion regarding his decision to serve a mission, as well as his mission experiences. The event will be available on the LDS Youth Facebook page and will be moderated by Young Women General President Bonnie L. Oscarson and Young Men General President David L. Beck, according to LDS.org.
"Youth around the world will have opportunities to ask questions in real time and hear about David Archuleta's decision to postpone a successful music career to serve the Lord," the statement on LDS.org says.
"He will also share stories from his mission, give advice for future missionaries, and share his testimony in word and song."
Archuleta returned in March from his mission to Chile, where he served for two years. Since his return, Archuleta has published two short YouTube videos mentioning his missionary service.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 30
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 19
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 17
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 12
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 11
- How would you describe God in just one... 11