LDS Church announces live Facebook chat with David Archuleta
Archuleta Family, Deseret New Archives
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Thursday that former American Idol contestant and returned LDS missionary David Archuleta will be participating in a live chat on Facebook.
On June 24 at 7 p.m., Archuleta will participate in the interactive discussion regarding his decision to serve a mission, as well as his mission experiences. The event will be available on the LDS Youth Facebook page and will be moderated by Young Women General President Bonnie L. Oscarson and Young Men General President David L. Beck, according to LDS.org.
"Youth around the world will have opportunities to ask questions in real time and hear about David Archuleta's decision to postpone a successful music career to serve the Lord," the statement on LDS.org says.
"He will also share stories from his mission, give advice for future missionaries, and share his testimony in word and song."
Archuleta returned in March from his mission to Chile, where he served for two years. Since his return, Archuleta has published two short YouTube videos mentioning his missionary service.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 45
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 26
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 25
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 13
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 13