LDS Church announces live Facebook chat with David Archuleta
Archuleta Family, Deseret New Archives
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Thursday that former American Idol contestant and returned LDS missionary David Archuleta will be participating in a live chat on Facebook.
On June 24 at 7 p.m., Archuleta will participate in the interactive discussion regarding his decision to serve a mission, as well as his mission experiences. The event will be available on the LDS Youth Facebook page and will be moderated by Young Women General President Bonnie L. Oscarson and Young Men General President David L. Beck, according to LDS.org.
"Youth around the world will have opportunities to ask questions in real time and hear about David Archuleta's decision to postpone a successful music career to serve the Lord," the statement on LDS.org says.
"He will also share stories from his mission, give advice for future missionaries, and share his testimony in word and song."
Archuleta returned in March from his mission to Chile, where he served for two years. Since his return, Archuleta has published two short YouTube videos mentioning his missionary service.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- LDS leaders quiz: What have you learned from...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out of...
- 'A light on the hill': Las Vegas Nevada...
- BYU students, Men's Chorus create interfaith...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 47
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 22
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 20
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 15
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert... 10
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 8