LDS Church announces live Facebook chat with David Archuleta
Archuleta Family, Deseret New Archives
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Thursday that former American Idol contestant and returned LDS missionary David Archuleta will be participating in a live chat on Facebook.
On June 24 at 7 p.m., Archuleta will participate in the interactive discussion regarding his decision to serve a mission, as well as his mission experiences. The event will be available on the LDS Youth Facebook page and will be moderated by Young Women General President Bonnie L. Oscarson and Young Men General President David L. Beck, according to LDS.org.
"Youth around the world will have opportunities to ask questions in real time and hear about David Archuleta's decision to postpone a successful music career to serve the Lord," the statement on LDS.org says.
"He will also share stories from his mission, give advice for future missionaries, and share his testimony in word and song."
Archuleta returned in March from his mission to Chile, where he served for two years. Since his return, Archuleta has published two short YouTube videos mentioning his missionary service.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he has 'no...
- 1st edition Book of Mormon sells for $52,500...
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Church releases video in conjunction with...
- Picturing history: Historic Kirtland
- 7 conservative Christians who are not...
- Tip for living: Building peace and resolving...
- Defending the Faith: The challenge... 31
- Survey: White evangelicals say US no... 21
- 7 conservative Christians who are not... 12
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he... 10
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 10
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 9
- Family of scholars: Utah family... 9
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the... 7