Because of the culture, I graciously accepted and began eating at the tail. It was salty and crunchy, but I managed to get it down without gagging. Then I noticed the fish had never been gutted. Not knowing what to do, I swallowed hard and started eating through the body of the fish; bones, guts, etc.
By the time I got to the head, my stomach was really churning. I looked around for a wastebasket but could see none. Then I saw someone put a fish head in their mouth and start chewing.
So, once again, I swallowed hard and put it in my mouth and started chewing. My stomach was really gurgling by this time, but I did keep it down and live to talk about it.
— Kelly Nielson of Riverton; Japan Sapporo Mission, 1975–1977
A fan of kangaroo
Australia had a lot of wonderful things to consume. Chips (think French fries but bigger), barbecue, shrimp and many other Australian delicacies really suited my palate. However, my favorite was kangaroo. It was such a versatile meat. We had kangaroo in pasta, steak, enchiladas, etc. Since my mission, I’ve told quite a few people about it. Most of the time people react to my eating kangaroo with revulsion. Look, I know kangaroos are adorable. In fact, I’ve met a few domesticated ones who were wonderful. But kangaroo is probably one of the most delicious animals out there.
— Adam Farnes
Seth Saunders is an executive business consultant and leadership coach. Seth has been married 18 years to his amazing wife, Amber, and is the proud father of three wonderful sons. He is passionate about helping others succeed.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 176
- 11 things you should know about the... 76
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 24
- The challenges and blessings of... 23
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17