Hugh Carey, Deseret News
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake, along with Subway restaurants, took part in the annual “Day of Giving,” Wednesday, May 28, 2014. About 1,100 people in Pioneer Park received free sandwiches, clothes and other items.
Subway also presented the Rescue Mission of Salt Lake a check for $10,000, which will help the rehabilitation programs at the rescue mission.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27