Median pay for CEOs has reached its highest mark, according to a new report by the Associated Press and executive-pay research firm Equilar.
“Propelled by a soaring stock market, the median pay package for a CEO rose above eight figures for the first time last year,” The AP’s Ken Sweet reported on Tuesday.
The median pay of these CEOs, according to the report, is $10.5 million. Among the top 10 — the top earners among the world’s top earners — media giants such as those at Disney, Time Warner and CBS have the strongest showing, making up six of the 10 highest-paid executives.
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- 12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- Dave Ramsey says: Saving for education trumps...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 8
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 4
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 3
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- 5 reasons not planning could help you... 1
- How are holiday shoppers spending their... 1