Dancing olympian, Kate Hansen competes on American Ninja Warrior
United States Olympic luger and Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen appeared on the newest season of NBC's "American Ninja Warrior" May 26.
Hansen expressed her excitement about participating in the obstacle course competition, which was filmed in Venice Beach, California.
"I think all Olympians are competitive whether that's a blessing or a curse," Hansen said during her interview on the show. "We can't say no."
Another Olympic athlete, American rower Susan Francia, also competed in the qualifying round.
Hansen began her attempt with a successful run past the quintuple steps. She continued on and successfully made it past the spinning wheel, only the third woman to do so. However, her attempt to become the next Ninja Warrior came to an end after she fell off the slack ladder.
The entire episode can be viewed on NBC, in which Hansen competes 27 minutes into the episode.
The "Bald Man Bongos" a group of Utahns who make music by drumming on their bald heads, also competed in a reality show this week with their appearance on "America's Got Talent." After performing for the judges, however, the group was not selected to move on.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all learn...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 15
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 12
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform... 5