Dancing olympian, Kate Hansen competes on American Ninja Warrior
United States Olympic luger and Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen appeared on the newest season of NBC's "American Ninja Warrior" May 26.
Hansen expressed her excitement about participating in the obstacle course competition, which was filmed in Venice Beach, California.
"I think all Olympians are competitive whether that's a blessing or a curse," Hansen said during her interview on the show. "We can't say no."
Another Olympic athlete, American rower Susan Francia, also competed in the qualifying round.
Hansen began her attempt with a successful run past the quintuple steps. She continued on and successfully made it past the spinning wheel, only the third woman to do so. However, her attempt to become the next Ninja Warrior came to an end after she fell off the slack ladder.
The entire episode can be viewed on NBC, in which Hansen competes 27 minutes into the episode.
The "Bald Man Bongos" a group of Utahns who make music by drumming on their bald heads, also competed in a reality show this week with their appearance on "America's Got Talent." After performing for the judges, however, the group was not selected to move on.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Why 'The Cosby Show' still matters 30 years...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have to die...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 125
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 26
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6