Former Disney star speaks out against inappropriate behavior
Many Disney Channel stars have shed their morals, but David Henrie, known for his role as Justin Russo on "Wizards of Waverly Place," told The Christian Post that he was only going to act in "good roles."
"You have to transition out of [a younger show] and that comes with doing older, more mature roles, but that doesn't mean doing crazy things that just insult your audience. Your audience has to grow with you," Henrie said in a May 27 interview with The Christian Post.
Henrie's latest role is writing and directing "Catch," a short film set to be released June 5.
"We're trying to inspire fathers to spend quality time with their kids," Henrie said in an Aol Entertainment video. "It does more for a kid than gifts and anything materialistic because it's a part of your heart."
Henrie told The Christian Post that he looks forward to getting married and having children.
"I think our generation especially has a weird stigma towards families, like people aren't wanting to have families and aren't wanting to have kids and that's weird. I think that's really weird and not normal and I think our generation is the first generation in the history of mankind that has had this sort of attitude and this feeling towards marriage and family and children," Henrie said.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Disney and Pixar movie quiz: 25 quotes from...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- The Clean Cut: Modern-day good Samaritan...
- New Zealand airline releases 'Hobbit' safety...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 32
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline... 8
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 6
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5
- Denver parents told to watch out for... 4