Former Disney star speaks out against inappropriate behavior
Many Disney Channel stars have shed their morals, but David Henrie, known for his role as Justin Russo on "Wizards of Waverly Place," told The Christian Post that he was only going to act in "good roles."
"You have to transition out of [a younger show] and that comes with doing older, more mature roles, but that doesn't mean doing crazy things that just insult your audience. Your audience has to grow with you," Henrie said in a May 27 interview with The Christian Post.
Henrie's latest role is writing and directing "Catch," a short film set to be released June 5.
"We're trying to inspire fathers to spend quality time with their kids," Henrie said in an Aol Entertainment video. "It does more for a kid than gifts and anything materialistic because it's a part of your heart."
Henrie told The Christian Post that he looks forward to getting married and having children.
"I think our generation especially has a weird stigma towards families, like people aren't wanting to have families and aren't wanting to have kids and that's weird. I think that's really weird and not normal and I think our generation is the first generation in the history of mankind that has had this sort of attitude and this feeling towards marriage and family and children," Henrie said.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Motherhood Matters: What do you focus on?
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 3
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad... 2