SANTAQUIN — A 9-year-old boy was hospitalized Tuesday after he was hit by a truck.
The boy was riding his bicycle about 4 p.m. when he didn't stop at a stop sign on the corner of 900 East and 270 South, Santaquin Police Sgt. Kris Johnson said. The boy, who was not wearing a helmet, rode down a hill and in front of the truck.
The boy was taken by medical helicopter from a nearby LDS meetinghouse to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Johnson said.
"He's in ICU for the night just to monitor and what not, but he had bruises and abrasions and some facial contusions and things that require stitches. It didn't appear that anything was life threatening," Johnson said.
The driver was with his wife and kids when the boy was hit. According to police the family was not injured.
"The driver was really, really shaken up. The truck didn't see him coming until it was too late," Johnson said.
— Miranda Collette
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Police arrest 3 suspected of vandalizing LDS...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- Mormon Media scholars discuss church and...
- Photos: World record potentially set during...
- Ex-A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff due in...
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Lawmaker pledges to run bill changing... 36
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 36
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 31
- Federal government extends same-sex... 26
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 22
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21