'Push Up Pop Treats Kit' yields delicious but time-consuming result
Provided by Covenant Communications
Similar in concept to push-up ice pops, Early’s push-up pop treats contain layers of cake, icing and garnishes in the form of sprinkles, cookie bits and more assembled in a plastic tube with a mechanism to push the layers out the top for consumption.
“I had seen the push pops occasionally online at weddings and parties, so we (she and her publisher) decided to make a kit,” Early said in an interview with the Deseret News. “Pretty photos make a big difference, so I really wanted to tackle this and make it gorgeous. That was such a fun project.”
The kit includes six push-up pop containers, an icing bag and decorative tip and a short cookbook with 16 cake mix recipes and assembly instructions for the push-up pops.
An attempt at the cookies and cream push-up pops proved delicious but very time-consuming. Early’s recipe was unusual and tasty, but the process of putting the pops together was messy.
Yielding a finished product like the pops in Early’s book would certainly come at the price of time and practice.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: WhitneyButters
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- These simple changes can make your family so...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- From Vocal Point to Alex Boye: Top 10 'Clean...
- Is ‘The Battle of the Five...
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in...
- Chris Hicks: More than ever, 2014 was a Comic...
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 8
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 5
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 4
- Arianne Brown: Threatening your young... 3
- What Americans think about marriage,... 2
- Is ‘The Battle of the Five... 2
- 'Unbroken' is powerful, inspiring,... 1
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in... 1