SAN RAFAEL SWELL, Emery County — Two people were killed Sunday in an ATV accident, sheriff's officials reported Monday.
Two people were killed in an accident Sunday afternoon in the San Rafael Desert, according to a brief news release from the Emery County's Sheriff's Office. Two medical helicopters responded to the scene and aided two additional patients.
"(Sunday) we did have a tragic accident, and the families requested we not put out any more information," Emery County Sheriff Greg Funk said. "They asked that nothing be done. There's a certain extent that we have to put out and we will put out the bare necessities."
No names will be released until the family could finish making their notifications, Funk said.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
— Emiley Morgan
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13