As a result of the recent botched lethal injection in Oklahoma, Republican Rep. Paul Ray, R-Utah, plans to bring back the firing squad. I contend that if hanging, electrocution, lethal injection, firing squad and guillotine were offered, eventually someone would choose one over the others. Of course, I'm of the belief that for some murderers there is no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment for them regardless of how you dispatch them to eternity. An eye for an eye served society pretty well for a very long time.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19