As a result of the recent botched lethal injection in Oklahoma, Republican Rep. Paul Ray, R-Utah, plans to bring back the firing squad. I contend that if hanging, electrocution, lethal injection, firing squad and guillotine were offered, eventually someone would choose one over the others. Of course, I'm of the belief that for some murderers there is no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment for them regardless of how you dispatch them to eternity. An eye for an eye served society pretty well for a very long time.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 53
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 40
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 27