As a result of the recent botched lethal injection in Oklahoma, Republican Rep. Paul Ray, R-Utah, plans to bring back the firing squad. I contend that if hanging, electrocution, lethal injection, firing squad and guillotine were offered, eventually someone would choose one over the others. Of course, I'm of the belief that for some murderers there is no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment for them regardless of how you dispatch them to eternity. An eye for an eye served society pretty well for a very long time.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 38
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 27
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23