As a result of the recent botched lethal injection in Oklahoma, Republican Rep. Paul Ray, R-Utah, plans to bring back the firing squad. I contend that if hanging, electrocution, lethal injection, firing squad and guillotine were offered, eventually someone would choose one over the others. Of course, I'm of the belief that for some murderers there is no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment for them regardless of how you dispatch them to eternity. An eye for an eye served society pretty well for a very long time.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Letter: No oversight at all
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: Bullying time
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 75
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 41
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 33
- Letter: We can do better 27
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- Letter: Pledge for respect 25