As a result of the recent botched lethal injection in Oklahoma, Republican Rep. Paul Ray, R-Utah, plans to bring back the firing squad. I contend that if hanging, electrocution, lethal injection, firing squad and guillotine were offered, eventually someone would choose one over the others. Of course, I'm of the belief that for some murderers there is no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment for them regardless of how you dispatch them to eternity. An eye for an eye served society pretty well for a very long time.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19