"There will be many secret passages and places to explore, including a Sherlock Holmes' adventure in the Old Town section during our summer fest season.
"There will be hundreds of unique events happening at the park throughout the year. I have so much personally invested both financially and emotionally into Evermore that failure is not an option to me. Evermore Adventure Park is going to present a unique form of immersive entertainment for all to enjoy in Utah and further, I believe will reach a worldwide audience."
Bretschneider said he expects to break ground on the park on Aug. 1 this summer and open Phase One in the summer of 2015.
"This will have a grand impact on the state of Utah. We're creating an old European village in Utah. We are bringing in antiques from Europe so we'll have the real thing."
He anticipates drawing crowds of up to 30,000-40,000 in a single evening for a major event and a daily average attendance of between 4,000-6,000.
"We want people to come in and step back in time," he said. "If you combined the experience of a real-time 3D video game with a Broadway level production all set in a magical old European village on 45 acres, that's 'Evermore.’ ”
"It's all about story," Hickman said.
Bretschneider said, "It'll be almost like living in a movie. It will play off your imagination."
"Evermore" was introduced at this year's Comic Con event in Salt Lake City in April.
Dan Farr, producer of Comic Con, said he thinks the park will play off the area's high percentage of creative thinkers in a big way.
"I love it. I'm all for it," Farr said. "I'm just blown away with the idea."
Farr said he knows Bretschneider's reputation for success and believes he can create a high-quality, Disneyland-quality experience.
"He's a big thinker, that's what's fun," Farr said. "When he gets it done, we'll probably have some (Comic Con) parties and events there."
Bretschneider is known for creating a successful Utah tech company called DigiCert in 2003 and a cause-based business call People Water in 2011. He was nominated and became a finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year in 2012.
Sharon Haddock is a professional writer with more than 35 years' experience, 17 at the Deseret News. Her personal blog is at sharonhaddock.blogspot.com.
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Report: Communication breakdowns contributed...
- Housing prices expected to climb in 2016,...
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial in...
- Bountiful man charged with murder in death of...
- Recent missionary killed after carjacking was...
- Woman dies after getting caught in...
- Son of Oregon occupier killed by police... 106
- State senator wants Utah to declare... 39
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 35
- Recent missionary killed after... 32
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- What you need to know about the effort... 15