Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — A stolen car was found partially submerged in Pinevew Reservoir Saturday morning.
Sgt. Lane Findlay of the Weber County Sheriff's Office said at 10:20 a.m. a passerby reported a partially submerged vehicle at about Mile Marker 14 on SR 39.
Findlay said the car was near the spillway and a parking area.
"It was down an embankment, it's pretty steep in that area," he said. "It was about 40 feet down and the back of the vehicle was sticking up out of the water."
Findlay said at first, deputies were unsure whether anyone was in the vehicle.
"They broke a window just to make sure nobody was trapped inside the car," he said. "Nobody was in there. It was unoccupied."
As the investigation continued, Findlay said deputies discovered the vehicle had been stolen in Ogden earlier Saturday morning.
That investigation is being handled by Ogden City Police, he said.
Weber County deputies called a tow company to remove the vehicle from the reservoir and pull it up the embankment.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Officials tackling existing, expected...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 61
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 49
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15