Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — A stolen car was found partially submerged in Pinevew Reservoir Saturday morning.
Sgt. Lane Findlay of the Weber County Sheriff's Office said at 10:20 a.m. a passerby reported a partially submerged vehicle at about Mile Marker 14 on SR 39.
Findlay said the car was near the spillway and a parking area.
"It was down an embankment, it's pretty steep in that area," he said. "It was about 40 feet down and the back of the vehicle was sticking up out of the water."
Findlay said at first, deputies were unsure whether anyone was in the vehicle.
"They broke a window just to make sure nobody was trapped inside the car," he said. "Nobody was in there. It was unoccupied."
As the investigation continued, Findlay said deputies discovered the vehicle had been stolen in Ogden earlier Saturday morning.
That investigation is being handled by Ogden City Police, he said.
Weber County deputies called a tow company to remove the vehicle from the reservoir and pull it up the embankment.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Trial ordered for Springville coach accused...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14