Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — A stolen car was found partially submerged in Pinevew Reservoir Saturday morning.
Sgt. Lane Findlay of the Weber County Sheriff's Office said at 10:20 a.m. a passerby reported a partially submerged vehicle at about Mile Marker 14 on SR 39.
Findlay said the car was near the spillway and a parking area.
"It was down an embankment, it's pretty steep in that area," he said. "It was about 40 feet down and the back of the vehicle was sticking up out of the water."
Findlay said at first, deputies were unsure whether anyone was in the vehicle.
"They broke a window just to make sure nobody was trapped inside the car," he said. "Nobody was in there. It was unoccupied."
As the investigation continued, Findlay said deputies discovered the vehicle had been stolen in Ogden earlier Saturday morning.
That investigation is being handled by Ogden City Police, he said.
Weber County deputies called a tow company to remove the vehicle from the reservoir and pull it up the embankment.
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- 'Overwhelming' community, national support...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19