Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — A stolen car was found partially submerged in Pinevew Reservoir Saturday morning.
Sgt. Lane Findlay of the Weber County Sheriff's Office said at 10:20 a.m. a passerby reported a partially submerged vehicle at about Mile Marker 14 on SR 39.
Findlay said the car was near the spillway and a parking area.
"It was down an embankment, it's pretty steep in that area," he said. "It was about 40 feet down and the back of the vehicle was sticking up out of the water."
Findlay said at first, deputies were unsure whether anyone was in the vehicle.
"They broke a window just to make sure nobody was trapped inside the car," he said. "Nobody was in there. It was unoccupied."
As the investigation continued, Findlay said deputies discovered the vehicle had been stolen in Ogden earlier Saturday morning.
That investigation is being handled by Ogden City Police, he said.
Weber County deputies called a tow company to remove the vehicle from the reservoir and pull it up the embankment.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21