Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — A stolen car was found partially submerged in Pinevew Reservoir Saturday morning.
Sgt. Lane Findlay of the Weber County Sheriff's Office said at 10:20 a.m. a passerby reported a partially submerged vehicle at about Mile Marker 14 on SR 39.
Findlay said the car was near the spillway and a parking area.
"It was down an embankment, it's pretty steep in that area," he said. "It was about 40 feet down and the back of the vehicle was sticking up out of the water."
Findlay said at first, deputies were unsure whether anyone was in the vehicle.
"They broke a window just to make sure nobody was trapped inside the car," he said. "Nobody was in there. It was unoccupied."
As the investigation continued, Findlay said deputies discovered the vehicle had been stolen in Ogden earlier Saturday morning.
That investigation is being handled by Ogden City Police, he said.
Weber County deputies called a tow company to remove the vehicle from the reservoir and pull it up the embankment.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames,...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Federal land managers criticized over...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 16
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 13