The final chapter: A family and community say goodbye to Brylee
"It gives me more strength to keep going, day by day," Nelson Mousques said.
"They are perfect children," he said. "They come here, not for them but for everybody else."
Kourtney Herrera stood in the dirt along the procession route with her son, daughter and husband. Her children knew Brylee from the few times she was able to play on the Price youth soccer team.
The children wrote little notes and tied them to the end of the pink balloons they would release as Brylee passed in a horse-drawn carriage.
"We didn't know her that well," Herrera said. "But, if anything, it's made us and other families treasure their children."
Her husband, J.R., said the experience has changed how he lives.
"It makes you think, you don't need to work as much," he said. "You need to spend time with your family."
As the procession made its way to the cemetery, Natasha Rogers stayed back with her three children. She has a daughter who is nearly the same age as Brylee.
She didn't know Brylee or her family but lives near Brylee's grandfather.
"I've seen a lot of people in the community rallying together," she said.
"People that don't even really know (Lara) or her daughter just come and support."
What Rogers has seen in Price gives her hope for humanity.
"There's still a lot of good people out there," she said. "We can be compassionate."
She hugs her children a bit tighter.
A month ago, Lara reflected on the life of her daughter and posted a note on Facebook fearing that, once gone, Brylee would be forgotten.
"I want the people to remember what an impact she's had on the community. And I want people to remember how they feel every time they read her story. And how this three-year-old that has no idea she's touching lives, how amazingly she does touch people's lives and what kind of a spirit she is."
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Report: Utah colleges producing degrees with...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 23
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 14
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13