Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
Former Miss America Kirsten Haglund is seriously concerned about the negative effects pornography is having on society, according to The Blaze.
“It portrays an unrealistic view of women and that, perpetuated, destroys relationships,” Haglund told Billy Hallowell. “It’s really a reflection of our own brokenness in this country with why we choose to see women that way and why we demand that of advertisements and fashion.”
Haglund was crowned Miss America in 2008 and runs a foundation that helps people overcome eating disorders.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video parody...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 17
- 5 underrated Disney movies 13
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: We pay a price... 5
- What parents can do at home to prepare... 3
- Teens may be even more distracted... 3