Utah basketball: Larry Krystkowiak, 3 Ute players to join Pac-12 all-star team in China
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah's Larry Krystkowiak will coach a Pac-12 all-star team during a four-game tour of China this summer, it was announced today.
Three of his Runnin' Utes players — Jordan Loveridge, Brandon Taylor and Jeremy Olsen — will join him.
According to the news release, this tour is part of the Pac-12’s Globalization Initiative, which helps "support Pac-12 member universities’ international outreach efforts, build their brands in an important market, and provide quality educational and cultural exchange experiences for student-athletes."
“It’s an honor to have the chance to represent the University of Utah and the Pac-12 in China this summer,” Krystkowiak said in the release. “This is a great educational experience for everyone involved, and I can’t wait to work with this select group of outstanding student-athletes.”
The team will play three Chinese Basketball Association teams and an all-star team made up of players from Chinese universities.
In addition to the games, the team will participate in various youth clinics, as well as take in the cultural and historic tours in the cities of Shanghai, Nantong and Shenzhen.
The 10-day tour will start on Aug. 10 and will be the first Pac-12 men’s basketball all-star team tour since 1996.
Other players who will join the Utes include: Andrew Andrews, Washington; Bo Barnes, Arizona State; Malcolm Duvivier, Oregon State; Jacob Hazzard, Arizona; Xavier Johnson, Colorado; Nikola Jovanovic, Southern Cal; DaVonte Lacy, Washington State; Roger Moute a Bidias, California; Cheikh N'diaye, Oregon State; Schuyler Rimmer, Stanford.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 106
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14