Dad's dying wish granted when he sees his son graduate from high school
Greg Woods didn't think he'd make it to his son Kyle's high school graduation, but when principal Barbara Snyder heard Woods wasn't expected to live much longer, she agreed to give Kyle his diploma early, according to CNN.
Woods, a resident of Kimberly, Alabama, is in the final stages of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, so family, friends and classmates organized a special ceremony to honor the Woods family.
"Looking out there and seeing him smile meant more to me than anything, really," Kyle Woods told CNN.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- The Clean Cut: Secret Santa hands out...
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- 'Into the Woods' is campy, dark, more adult...
- 4 in 10 new marriages are multiracial... 6
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 6
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 3
- The 37 most charitable celebrities 1
- Education reform efforts need to focus... 1
- What can 'Annie' and 'The Lego Movie'... 1
- Marriage questions on the U.S. Census... 1