Dad's dying wish granted when he sees his son graduate from high school
Greg Woods didn't think he'd make it to his son Kyle's high school graduation, but when principal Barbara Snyder heard Woods wasn't expected to live much longer, she agreed to give Kyle his diploma early, according to CNN.
Woods, a resident of Kimberly, Alabama, is in the final stages of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, so family, friends and classmates organized a special ceremony to honor the Woods family.
"Looking out there and seeing him smile meant more to me than anything, really," Kyle Woods told CNN.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- David Archuleta and Lexi Walker sing 'A Whole...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Halloween costumes for...
- When parents are desensitized, what does that...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 19
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 12
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 6
- Should the rich give candy to the poor... 4
- Motherhood Matters: Do you love... 4