Dad's dying wish granted when he sees his son graduate from high school
Greg Woods didn't think he'd make it to his son Kyle's high school graduation, but when principal Barbara Snyder heard Woods wasn't expected to live much longer, she agreed to give Kyle his diploma early, according to CNN.
Woods, a resident of Kimberly, Alabama, is in the final stages of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, so family, friends and classmates organized a special ceremony to honor the Woods family.
"Looking out there and seeing him smile meant more to me than anything, really," Kyle Woods told CNN.
Megan Marsden Christensen is an intern with the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 22
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- After 8 years with no 'true increase'... 3
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1