VERNAL — A Roosevelt man has been appointed as the new president of Uintah Basin Applied Technology College.
On Friday, Utah College of Applied Technology President Rob Brems introduced Aaron K. Weight as the new leader of the school's campuses in Roosevelt and Vernal.
"President Weight has demonstrated positive relationships with the citizens of the Uintah Basin and is well-prepared to assume the UBATC presidency," Brems said. "He has a proven track record as an excellent leader and will serve the technical education needs of students, business and industry well."
Weight has worked for Moon Lake Electric Association since 1997 and currently serves as the power cooperative's distribution engineering supervisor. He holds degrees in business management and energy management as well as various industry certifications.
A first-term member of the Roosevelt City Council, Weight has also served as a member of the Uintah County Planning and Zoning Development Review Committee, the Downtown Business Alliance and the Duchesne County Development Corp.
“UBATC plays a vital role in the lives of many people in the Basin," he said. "I look forward to working with the great faculty and staff to furthering career and technical education for both secondary and adult students.”
Weight begin his new appointment June 23. He replaces Dave Woolstenhulme, who resigned in April to accept a post at Utah State University.
— Geoff Liesik
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 17