DRAPER — Two road construction projects will begin in the city in the next two weeks.
Draper will work on widening the road on 13200 South and Fort Street to provide additional capacity to accommodate traffic and pedestrian travel to Draper Park Middle School and Corner Canyon High School. New sidewalks will also be installed for the safety of students walking to school. The intersection will be closed from June 6 to July 4.
Also, 13200 South will be closed between Fort Street and Bear Hollow Drive from June 6 to Aug. 13. Alternate routes to navigate through the area are 700 East, Maiden Lane and Stokes Avenue.
The other project is the installation of a new water line on 1300 East from the roundabout at Pioneer Road to Draper Park Middle School. Work will begin Tuesday and will be completed no later than Aug. 16.
The road will be reduced to one lane from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Flaggers will control traffic. During off hours, the road will be restored to two-way traffic.
Some temporary closures will be in effect during working hours only on some side roads and in front of homes along 1300 East. Signed detours and advance notifications will be provided to affected residents.
Some temporary water outages also will occur.
During the Draper Days events July 17-29, two-way traffic will be maintained on 1300 East at all times. Alternate routes to navigate through the project are Pioneer Road, Boulter Street, Highland Drive, 700 East and Bangerter Parkway.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45