DRAPER — Two road construction projects will begin in the city in the next two weeks.
Draper will work on widening the road on 13200 South and Fort Street to provide additional capacity to accommodate traffic and pedestrian travel to Draper Park Middle School and Corner Canyon High School. New sidewalks will also be installed for the safety of students walking to school. The intersection will be closed from June 6 to July 4.
Also, 13200 South will be closed between Fort Street and Bear Hollow Drive from June 6 to Aug. 13. Alternate routes to navigate through the area are 700 East, Maiden Lane and Stokes Avenue.
The other project is the installation of a new water line on 1300 East from the roundabout at Pioneer Road to Draper Park Middle School. Work will begin Tuesday and will be completed no later than Aug. 16.
The road will be reduced to one lane from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Flaggers will control traffic. During off hours, the road will be restored to two-way traffic.
Some temporary closures will be in effect during working hours only on some side roads and in front of homes along 1300 East. Signed detours and advance notifications will be provided to affected residents.
Some temporary water outages also will occur.
During the Draper Days events July 17-29, two-way traffic will be maintained on 1300 East at all times. Alternate routes to navigate through the project are Pioneer Road, Boulter Street, Highland Drive, 700 East and Bangerter Parkway.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18