DRAPER — Two road construction projects will begin in the city in the next two weeks.
Draper will work on widening the road on 13200 South and Fort Street to provide additional capacity to accommodate traffic and pedestrian travel to Draper Park Middle School and Corner Canyon High School. New sidewalks will also be installed for the safety of students walking to school. The intersection will be closed from June 6 to July 4.
Also, 13200 South will be closed between Fort Street and Bear Hollow Drive from June 6 to Aug. 13. Alternate routes to navigate through the area are 700 East, Maiden Lane and Stokes Avenue.
The other project is the installation of a new water line on 1300 East from the roundabout at Pioneer Road to Draper Park Middle School. Work will begin Tuesday and will be completed no later than Aug. 16.
The road will be reduced to one lane from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Flaggers will control traffic. During off hours, the road will be restored to two-way traffic.
Some temporary closures will be in effect during working hours only on some side roads and in front of homes along 1300 East. Signed detours and advance notifications will be provided to affected residents.
Some temporary water outages also will occur.
During the Draper Days events July 17-29, two-way traffic will be maintained on 1300 East at all times. Alternate routes to navigate through the project are Pioneer Road, Boulter Street, Highland Drive, 700 East and Bangerter Parkway.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15