Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace to speak at S.L. Time Out for Women in November
Dita Alangkara, Associated Press
Olympic silver medalist Noelle Pikus-Pace is scheduled to be one of the speakers at the Time Out for Women Salt Lake City event Nov. 21-22 at the Maverik Center, according to the event’s website at tofw.com.
She is scheduled to speak Nov. 21 along with singer Sandra Turley, pianist Josh Wright and Deseret Book CEO Sheri Dew.
On Nov. 22, presenters include musical trio Mercy River, former LDS Young Women general President Elaine Dalton, authors Emily Watts and Kris Belcher, psychologist Wendy Ulrich and scholar Robert L. Millet.
Pikus-Pace won a silver medal in the 2014 Winter Olympics in the women’s skeleton event. It was a comeback after she took fourth in 2010. She also is working on a book to be published through Deseret Book later this year.
This years’ theme is “Inevitable Light” with inspirational events targeted at women and sponsored by Deseret Book. Time Out for Women will also be in 12 other cities this fall, including Loveland, Colorado; St. Louis, Missouri; Birmingham, Alabama; Logan; Madison, Wisconsin; Saratoga Springs, New York; and Las Vegas. There will be coinciding Time Out for Girls events in Arlington, Texas; Sacramento, California; Boise; Portland, Oregon; and Phoenix.
Pikus-Pace will also be speaking at the events in Logan, Boise and Sacramento.
More information, including cost, registration and presenters, is available at tofw.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Seventh-day Adventist leader calls on family...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- After government topples crosses in China,...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 50
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 32
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 24
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- After government topples crosses in... 11