Crash in Honduras kills LDS missionary, injures companion from Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary from El Salvador died Thursday after a car accident in Honduras. His companion, who is from Utah, survived the incident.
Elder Angel de Jesus Martinez Campos, 27, of Usulutan, El Salvador, had served in the Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since October. He died of injuries suffered in the crash.
His companion, Elder George B. Lewis of Francis, Summit County, was injured but is expected to recover.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy," LDS Church spokesman Cody Craynor said.
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 99
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 33
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 16