Crash in Honduras kills LDS missionary, injures companion from Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary from El Salvador died Thursday after a car accident in Honduras. His companion, who is from Utah, survived the incident.
Elder Angel de Jesus Martinez Campos, 27, of Usulutan, El Salvador, had served in the Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since October. He died of injuries suffered in the crash.
His companion, Elder George B. Lewis of Francis, Summit County, was injured but is expected to recover.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy," LDS Church spokesman Cody Craynor said.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6