Crash in Honduras kills LDS missionary, injures companion from Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary from El Salvador died Thursday after a car accident in Honduras. His companion, who is from Utah, survived the incident.
Elder Angel de Jesus Martinez Campos, 27, of Usulutan, El Salvador, had served in the Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since October. He died of injuries suffered in the crash.
His companion, Elder George B. Lewis of Francis, Summit County, was injured but is expected to recover.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy," LDS Church spokesman Cody Craynor said.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 20
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5