Crash in Honduras kills LDS missionary, injures companion from Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary from El Salvador died Thursday after a car accident in Honduras. His companion, who is from Utah, survived the incident.
Elder Angel de Jesus Martinez Campos, 27, of Usulutan, El Salvador, had served in the Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since October. He died of injuries suffered in the crash.
His companion, Elder George B. Lewis of Francis, Summit County, was injured but is expected to recover.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy," LDS Church spokesman Cody Craynor said.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 61
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 8
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3