Crash in Honduras kills LDS missionary, injures companion from Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary from El Salvador died Thursday after a car accident in Honduras. His companion, who is from Utah, survived the incident.
Elder Angel de Jesus Martinez Campos, 27, of Usulutan, El Salvador, had served in the Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since October. He died of injuries suffered in the crash.
His companion, Elder George B. Lewis of Francis, Summit County, was injured but is expected to recover.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy," LDS Church spokesman Cody Craynor said.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 176
- 11 things you should know about the... 76
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 24
- The challenges and blessings of... 23
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17