Piano Guys group tells love story in cover of One Direction hit 'Story of My Life'
Thursday night The Piano Guys released a new video covering the One Direction hit "Story of My Life."
The group that usually features mostly footage of Jon Schmidt on piano and Steven Sharp Nelson on the cello took a different approach in their latest video, focusing more on the art of storytelling.
"We determined to do something we've never done before, film a short story and let the music be its soundtrack," The Piano Guys website states.
"A story was written around the music — a story about the life of a tree. And how that tree’s life intertwined with the life a young boy who planted its seed — a boy who would grow up under its canopy."
Many fans expressed their appreciation and love for the music.
"Gentlemen, thank you once again for a beautiful piece of music," Dan Fritz wrote on Facebook. "As always, your music serves as a wonderful escape to a place where I can spend hours at a time. Please continue to do what you do so well!"
Sonja Marie also commented: "This is such a beautiful portrayal of the story of life. I was in tears when lighting took his tree. And again when he gave his wife the cradle. Making it through this life with out some heart ache just can't be done. Loved, loved, loved it. Thank you."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 91
- The latest developments on religious... 37
- The challenges and blessings of... 34
- General Women's Session focuses on... 33
- State bills to protect religious... 27
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 20
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 16