BALLARD, Uintah County — Four men were hospitalized Wednesday following a rollover crash on a two-lane road in Uintah County.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. on 5000 North between 2500 East and 3500 East when the driver of a pickup truck lost control, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Troy Slaugh.
The truck went off the right side of the road, came back onto the road, went off the left side of the road and then went off the right side of the road a final time. Investigators believe the truck may have gone airborne before rolling at least once and coming to rest on its side, Slaugh said.
One person had to be extricated by firefighters. All four people in the truck were taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center with what appeared to be serious injuries, Slaugh said. One of the passengers was later flown to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.
Authorities have not released the names of those involved in the crash. They suspect alcohol use and speed may have been contributing factors. Utah Highway Patrol troopers are assisting deputies with their investigation.
— Geoff Liesik
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26