BALLARD, Uintah County — Four men were hospitalized Wednesday following a rollover crash on a two-lane road in Uintah County.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. on 5000 North between 2500 East and 3500 East when the driver of a pickup truck lost control, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Troy Slaugh.
The truck went off the right side of the road, came back onto the road, went off the left side of the road and then went off the right side of the road a final time. Investigators believe the truck may have gone airborne before rolling at least once and coming to rest on its side, Slaugh said.
One person had to be extricated by firefighters. All four people in the truck were taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center with what appeared to be serious injuries, Slaugh said. One of the passengers was later flown to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.
Authorities have not released the names of those involved in the crash. They suspect alcohol use and speed may have been contributing factors. Utah Highway Patrol troopers are assisting deputies with their investigation.
— Geoff Liesik
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8